Last updated: 2020-05-11
Who are we?
Your personal data are processed by SupportSquare NV, which is headquartered in Dublinstraat 31/014 – 9000 Gent – Belgium (Belgium), with company number 0692.586.235, RLE Gent, division Gent, as the processing manager according to the legal and regulatory provisions regarding personal data protection. If you have any further question, please contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or getting in touch via phone: +32 (0)335 22 10.
Preliminary remarks on the current Cookies Policy
Changes. SupportSquare reserves the right to modify the current Cookies Policy at any time. Should this happen, SupportSquare will inform you of these changes during your next visit to our website.
What’s a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file placed by a website’s server on your computer, tablet, Smartphone or mobile device when you visit a website. The cookie contains a unique code which makes it possible to recognize your browser once you visit the website again later on.
Article 1. Cookies used by our website and our Saas Platform
Cookies can be placed by us or a third party:
- First-party cookies are directly inserted and managed by SupportSquare.
- Third-party cookies are inserted and managed by other parties, e.g. Google Analytics. They are created when you visit the SupportSquare website or use the SAAS Platform. They allow some data to be sent to third parties every time you visit the SupportSquare website or use the SAAS Platform and Services.
There are 3 types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are crucial for visiting our website or using our SAAS Platform. For instance, they allow you to browse through the different parts of the website or to fill in the forms. These cookies are necessary even when you aren’t logged into your personal account in order to safely check your identity before providing you with access to your personal data.
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies are cookies which ease the use of our website and our SAAS Platform, making them more enjoyable for the visitors and allowing you to customize even more your browsing experience. For instance, these cookies can memorize your language choice or user name so that you need not enter again your login details.
Duration of the Cookies
Cookies have a defined duration. There are temporary cookies and so-called permanent cookies.
- Temporary cookies (or ‘session cookies’) are temporarily stored in your device. They are automatically deleted once either the browser or the App is closed.
- Permanent cookies (or ‘persistent cookies’) are stored on your computer or mobile device beyond the closure of the browser. They allow to recognize you on subsequent visits. They are kept on your device until their expiration date, until the downloading of a new version of the cookie or until you delete it manually.
Article 2. Which cookies may be downloaded?
The cookies below may be downloaded on your device if you use our website, product landingspages or SAAS Platform.
|Google Fonts API||No retention||Analytics||request user IP address|
|rc::a||Temporary||Analytics||session||filter requests from bots|
|rc::b||Temporary||Analytics||session||filter requests from bots|
|rc::c||Temporary||Analytics||session||filter requests from bots|
|Google Maps API||No retention||Analytics||request user IP address|
|bcookie||Permanent||Statistics||2 years||store browser details|
|li-oatml||Permanent||Statistics||1 month||Enable ad delivery or retargeting|
|BizographicsOptOut||Permanent||Funtional||10 years||store privacy preferences|
|li_sugr||Permanent||Statistics||3 months||store browser details|
|UserMatchHistory||Permanent||Statistics||30 days||Enable ad delivery or retargeting|
|lidc||Permanent||Statistics||1 days||store performed actions on the website|
|bscookie||Permanent||Statistics||2 years||store performed actions on the website|
|X-LI-IDC||Temporary||Statistics||session||provide functions across pages|
Same as supportsquare.io and following additional cookies :
|GPS||Temporary||Analytics||session||store location data|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Permanent||Functional||6 months||estimate bandwidth|
|YSC||Temporary||Analytics||session||store a unique user ID|
|PREF||Permanent||Analytics||1 year||track visits across websites|
Artikel 3. Your consent
- We need your consent in order to insert cookies (except when it comes to essential cookies). You give your consent by clicking the relevant button in the cookies banner.
- You may refuse to download cookies (except for essential cookies) by not giving your consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may delete cookies already downloaded on your device at any time. The browser makers’ website provides further details on how to delete the cookies. If you refuse downloading cookies or withdraw your consent, it is possible that (some parts of) our website or SAAS Platform wouldn’t work optimally.
Artikel 4. To whom do we send your personal data?
- We may send your personal data to the Customer, that granted you access to our Services, and we may also call upon third-party subcontractors to process your data for purposes described here above, such as:
- to recommend you our website (as host),
- to send you our ads (as marketing company),
- to process your use of our Services and/or SAAS Platform (as a service provider),
- to process your payment (as payment service provider).
- These third-party subcontractors may only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. We equally guarantee that each of these third-party subcontractors were selected with the utmost care and are committed to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data.
- We may be legally obliged to send your personal data to competent authorities or their representatives, to judicial authorities, to public authorities or government agencies, including to relevant data protection authorities, for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- We won’t send your personal data in identifiable form to any other third party than those mentioned in Articles 4.1 and 4.2 without your express consent. We may, however, send anonymised and/or aggregated data to other third parties, who may use these data to improve our services.
Artikel 5. personal data processing location
- Your personal data are essentially processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- In order to process your personal data for the purposes outlined in Article 4 above, we may equally transfer them to third parties processing them on our behalf outside the EEA. Any entity outside the EEA processing your personal data shall observe the suitable precautions regarding the processing of your data. Such precautions shall be settled by:
- We may transfer anonymised and/or aggregated data to third parties outside the EEA. Shall such a transfer occur, we shall make sure that every precaution established ensures the security and integrity of your data and of every right regarding your personal data which you may have under the current binding law.
Artikel 6. Personal data processing time
- Your personal data will only be processed as long as necessary for the purposes stated in Article 4 to be fulfilled or, if applicable, until the moment you withdraw your consent. The withdrawal of your consent may imply that you won’t be able to use all or part of our website or of our SAAS Platform.
- We will anonymise your personal data as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purposes described in Article 4 above, except in the following cases:
- if it were in the best interest of SupportSquare, or another third party, to keep your personal data in identifiable form, or
- a legal or regulatory obligation, or court or administrative decision preventing us from misidentifying your personal data.
Artikel 7. Your rights
- If the processing of your personal data rests upon your consent, you may always withdraw it as mentioned in Article 3 of the current Cookies Policy.
Artikel 8. Contact and claims
- If you have any question or claim regarding the way we process your personal data, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to the address mentioned above.
- You always have the right to lodge a complaint before the relevant data protection authorities.