Last updated: 2023-03-22
SupportSquare (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the SupportSquare website (the “Service”).
SupportSquare NV, a company registered in Belgium with registered number 0692.586.235 , RLE Gent, division Gent and registered office at Dublinstraat 31/014 – 9000 Gent – Belgium, understands the importance of protecting and safeguarding your privacy.
We act in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to Supportsquare.
By visiting our website, submitting a request via our website, subscribing and using of our SAAS platform, you agree to the collection, processing and use of information in relation with this policy.
For further information on the manner how we process Personal Data by cookies, you may check our Cookies Policy, available on . https://supportsquare.io/cookie-policy/
SMS Terms & Conditions
Where applicable, we offer the option to send text messages. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. For US residents: Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel. Carriers are not liable for any delays or undelivered messages.
No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
How do we collect Personal Data?
Your Personal Data can be collected in various ways, including when:
- You fill in the contact form on our website
- You fill in the registration form on our products landing page to start a trial version of the product
- You register and/or participate in an event organized by SupportSquare
- You personally and voluntarily hand over your business card to a representative of SupportSquare
- You send us an email requesting information about our products and services
- You are registered as administrator or as a user of your tenant on our SAAS .platform.
Which Personal Data do we collect ?
- Personal Data” are any information which are related to an identified or identifiable natural person
- We collect administrative data and contact details. With this we can identify you or contact you, or we can do business with you if you are a supplier or a business partner or a user of our SAAS-Platform.
This Personal Data may include contact details such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other unique details such as your function and mobile phone number.
- When you use our SAAS platform, we collect photos, videos, documents, images,, login, service usage information, log data, device information… you use or create during a session. After closing the session, these can be saved on your request. However, these Personal Data always remain the property of the company that has a subscription to our SAAS-Platform and that allowed you to use their profile on our SAAS-Platform.
- We will never access, visualize or make use of these Personal Data for any purpose other than the scope of the subscribed SAAS service.
- We do not collect and process sensitive information, for example data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious belief, physical or mental health or sexual orientation. If such Personal Data is provided to us, we will not use it and we will delete it.
- We collect general information about your use of our website or cloud/SAAS platform like OS & ip address of accessing systems, referrer websites, used browser & ISP, session time.
This data is collected by Google Analytics and allows us to analyze the use of our website or cloud platform.
Purpose and Legal Basis
- We shall process your Personal Data only:
- if we have the legal basis for this purpose.
- The legal basis on which we rely are as follows:
- Contract: A contract concluded with you that we shall fulfill, or the steps to follow before concluding a contract with you.
- Consent: Your free consent, given after being informed of its implications.
- Legitimate interest: A legitimate interest that we as an organization have, e.g. regarding the enhancement of our service delivery.
- Legal obligation: A legal obligation to which we are subject.
What do we need your Personal Data for ?
We may use the Personal Data collected about you for the following purposes:
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications
- Give you access to our SAAS platform
- Give you technical support
- Inform you about our activities, events, services, surveys, advertising, special offers, newsletters, updates
- Issue personal quotes
- Issue invoices and receive payments
- Evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research; analysing our products, services and websites
If we want to use your Personal Data for other additional purposes, we will inform you in advance and ask explicitly for your approval and consent..
- The chart below states in more detail for what purposes we process your Personal Data, along with this process’s legal basis, where SupportSquare is acting as the data controller.
|Marketing: We may process your Personal Data in order to send you ads related to our products and services and to analyse those ads.||Consent: When checking the box upon creating your account, your give your consent by not making an opposition. You may always withdraw your consent by unsubscribing.|
|Improving our products and services: We may process your Personal Data in order to analyse and enhance our products and services.||Legitimate interest: We do our best to enhance your user experience by continually analysing and improving our products and services.|
|Protection: We may process your Personal Data in order to protect the security of our systems and of your data as well as we can, e.g. by performing a backup.||Legitimate interest: We strive to protect our systems and your Personal Data as well as we possibly can.|
|Request from the authorities: We may be legally obliged to process your Personal Data or to send them to an appropriate judicial authority, or its representatives, following their reasonable request, or to the police on our own account if we have founded suspicions that the use you make of our products or services constitutes a breach.||Legal obligation: In some cases, we may be obliged to process your Personal Data in order to fulfil a legal obligation.|
|Other legal obligations: We may equally be obliged to process your Personal Data in order to fulfil a legal obligation to which we are subject, e.g. an accounting obligation.||Legal obligation: In some cases, we may be obliged to process your Personal Data in order to fulfil a legal obligation.|
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
- We may call upon third-party subcontractors to process your data for purposes described in the section above, such as:
- to send you our ads (as marketing company),
- to process your use of our Services and/or SAAS Platform (as a service provider),
- to process your payment (as payment service provider).
- These third-party subcontractors may only process your Personal Data in accordance with our instructions. We equally guarantee that each of these third-party subcontractors were selected with the utmost care and are committed to ensure the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
We do not share or sell your Personal Data with third parties unless we are obliged to do so in the context of a regulation or legal procedure, or we are requested to do so by legislative or judicial authorities.
- We may be legally obliged to send your Personal Data to competent authorities or their representatives, to judicial authorities, to public authorities or government agencies, including to relevant data protection authorities, for us to comply with a legal obligation as stated above.
- We won’t send your Personal Data in identifiable form to any other third party than those mentioned in paragraphs 1 and 2 above of this section without your express consent. We may, however, send anonymised and/or aggregated data to other third parties, who may use these data to improve our services.
- We may share or disclose your Personal Data and other information to enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Where do we process and store your Personal Data?
- Your Personal Data are essentially processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- In order to process your Personal Data for the purposes outlined in the section above, we may equally transfer your data to third parties processing them on our behalf outside the EEA. Any entity outside the EEA processing your data shall observe the suitable precautions regarding the processing of your Personal Data. Such precautions shall be settled by:
- a decision of the European Commission establishing the adequacy,
- the ‘EU-United States data protective shield’, or
- contractual guarantees.
We may transfer anonymised and/or aggregated data to third parties outside the EEA. Shall such a transfer occur, we shall make sure that every precaution established ensures the security and integrity of your data and of every right regarding your Personal Data which you may have under the current binding law.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will only keep your data for as long as this is necessary for the purposes of the processing stated in this declaration. Your Personal Data will also be stored and used for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, settle disputes or enforce our agreements
How do we protect your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data are considered to be strictly confidential. We take the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the provided and collected Personal Data against destruction, loss, accidental alteration, damage, accidental or unlawful access or any other unauthorized processing of Personal Data.
What rights do you have?
- Access right. You have the right to be informed of whether we process or not your Personal Data, and if that is the case, to have access to these data.
- Right of rectification. You have the right to correct your Personal Data, i.e. to ask for the inaccurate data regarding you to be corrected for free.
- Right to erase data. You have the right to erase your Personal Data, i.e. to ask for them to be erased if they are no longer necessary in the light of the purposes mentioned in Article 2 above or shall you withdraw your consent for their processing.
- our interests and those of third parties, which may count more than yours, and
- all legal and regulatory obligations, or court or administrative decisions which may be in contradiction with the erasure of your data.
4.Limitation right. You have the right to limit the processing of your Personal Data instead of erasing them, i.e. to ask us to limit the processing of your data shall:
- we carry out the control of your Personal Data’s accuracy,
- the processing be illegitimate and you oppose yourself to the erasure of your Personal Data,
- you need your Personal Data to assert, exercise or defend your legal rights, while we don’t need your data any more for the purposes mentioned, or
- we assess whether our interests are worth more than yours once you enforce your right of opposition.
5.Right of opposition. You still have the right to oppose processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In any other case, you have the right to oppose processing of your Personal Data if:
- the processing is based on our legitimate interest and
- you are able to demonstrate the existence of the serious and justifiable reasons regarding your specific case justifying such an opposition and
- our legitimate interests don’t prevail over your interests.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability, i.e. you can obtain from us all the Personal Data you supplied us in a structured format, currently used and readable by machine if your data is processed by automated means and based on your consent or on a contract concluded with you.
- Request submission. If you wish to exercise one of your aforementioned rights, it is possible, in some cases, to do so in your profile settings. You can equally submit your request by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall acknowledge receipt of your request. If your request is received, we shall fulfil it as soon as reasonably possible and within thirty (30) days from the receipt of the request at the latest.
If you wish to exercise your rights, we ask you to provide us with proof of your identity in order to prevent any unauthorized disclosure or processing of your Personal Data. We therefore prefer to ask you to add a copy of the front of your identity card to your application.
Questions or complaints?
If you have a question or complaint about our processing of Personal Data, about the exercise of your rights or about this statement, you can contact us by email: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our reply, or if you have comments about the exercise of your rights, or if you believe that our processing of your Personal Data would not be in accordance with the legislation, you can submit a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority. All contact information of the Belgian Data Protection Authority can be found on https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/